This week is pretty exciting as I found out that I am a finalist for the New Zealand Open Source awards, and in three categories. That is pretty amazing as I never dreamed of seeing my name up there with all the wonderful, amazing, talented people contributing to open source in New Zealand. The news was made public on the NZOSA website today. On the 9 November the winners will be announced.
There are peoples choice awards that you can vote for from tomorrow so do check out the options so you can place your vote:
- Mark Osborne, Albany Senior High School
- Lianne Dalziel, MP, for her work as Chair of the Commerce Select Committee
- DaviCal – a server for calendar sharing
- Amie McCarron for the Alcoholics Anonymous NZ websites
- NZOSS Public Sector Remix – a project to demonstrate the viability of free open source software on public sector desktops
- The Tumanako Project – produces components for several high-power electric motor and battery applications